Comments are great. I love comments on my blog. But I hate spam. I check every comment before it’s posted. Under my discretion, I may remove links in the comment I consider as spam or advertising. If you don’t want your link to be removed, follow these procedures:
1. Use your real name in the Name Field – not your blog/business/website name.
2. Only place a link in the Website Field – HTML links in the comment will usually be striped.
3. Tell me your Twitter username in the Twitter field – Well why not? People can follow you through the link, and it also allows me to confirm your identity.
4. Write a comment related to the article – Obvious one here – if you don’t, it usually gets marked as spam.
5. Write in English – there are exceptions, but try your best
If you follow these, 99.9% of the time your comment will be approved.
Self-Promotion at JoshLam.com
1. Only place a link in the Website Field – HTML links in the actual comment will usually be striped.
2. The more comments you have, the more likely you’ll appear in the Top Commentators sidebar widget.
3. If 7 or more of your comments are approved, your link will change to a dofollow link.